B&O Ridgway Depot
Duane Carrell, B & O Historical Society
Southwest corner of Edwards and Baltimore St.
GPS Coordinates: 37.798994,-88.26194096
The village or Ridgway was named for Thomas S. Ridgway from Shawneetown. Mr. Ridgway was president of the Shawneetown Branch of the Ohio & Mississippi Railroad when the railway was built from Shawneetown to Beardstown. Ridgway is known for farming, specifically popcorn. The depot was located in the middle of town.
History of Gallatin, Saline, Hamilton, Franklin, and Williamson Counties, Illinois, The Goodspeed Publishing, Co., 1887. pp. 51, 118
1938 Ridgway Aerial View
Ridgway Track Map
Ridgway Aerial View
1937 flood, B & O supply train at Ridgway
Photo from LCDR Arthur Pieper Collection donated to Shawneetown Library
Springfield & Illinois Southeastern Railway Construction Near Ridgway
Ridgway Our Town, Lucille Lawler