North Fork Primitive Baptist Church
Mayberry Township, IL
|Established in 1823 this church was listed that year in the Muddy River Baptist Association as having 13 members and first messengers were Daniel Powell & William Gholson.
Late in 20th Century when the congregation disbanded and the property came up for sale, Kenneth Hunt and his wife Becky, bought the property which is next to their farm about three miles east of Broughton. Hunt utilized the property for outdoor gospel singing, while indoors, was clothing for needy, donated furniture, garden vegetables and participating in the Food Share program. The sign above the door, "North Fork Community Services."
|North Fork - Primitive Baptist Church History Site|
|Gholson Brother's web site, used with permission.|